February 20, 2007

Writer Realities

Sometimes I wonder if I'm the only writer who has a hard time coping with the real world. The bills, the chores and the day to day of it all. I live in my own little world where it's real easy to get lost. And when I do have to face reality it's like a giant smack in the face......"Hey, dork - quit goofing off and do something productive, will ya?" Well, my nasty little friend called reality, I want to say something.

What good is reality if we can't dream? This IS my reality. I exist fully when I am engrossed in my latest project or idea. I am content and focused, ready to take on any challenge that comes my way or any nay-sayer that thinks I'm "goofing off". To me, this is real. My stories are real because they happen in my head. That makes them MY reality.

Alot of people in my life would call me a "bouncer", which means I bounce from one thing to the next in daily life, never seeming to have any clear direction. That's because I don't. I'm one of those right-brained people; artists, creators, imaginative. We don't have a very good hold on where we are or what we're supposed to be doing in "real" life, but if you put a paintbrush, pencil or paper in front of us, it's on. We know what to do, we know who we are and most importantly we feel the beauty we create. We can almost taste it.

That's my take on it anyway. I'll probably discuss this in further detail at some point or another, fair warning, lol!

No comments: